I know I don't update it daily. Shut up.

July 13, 2010

Superheroes penetrating my daily life: ComicCon must be soon



This commercial popped on the other night and I started to evaluate the Silver Silver Surfer vs. the Green Silver Surfer.
I began thinking, "What if Marvel gave the Surfer a sidekick?" but then I began thinking no, Silver Surfer was a sidekick himself as he scouted out worlds for Galactus to eat. Then I began thinking, if Cascade gel pacs are green and blue then why are the two Silver Surfers green and silver? Is it because I fell into Cascade's evil plot to associate its product with the Silver Surfer (I am buying said product on Thursday when I get paid - good marketing!) or is it because the silver little guy could be associated with Silver Surfer, Iceman or as a stretch the T 1000?
And if a fight broke out between the Silver Surfer, Iceman and the T1000 who would win? Silver Surfer's ability to bend matter would be canceled out by the T1000's morphing ability, right? And if the T1000 can only be killed in molten lava then could the same be true for extreme cold, thus exposing a weakness that Iceman could exploit?
Right now I'm envisioning a rock-paper-scissors match: Iceman beats T1000, but T1000 beats silver surfer by being able to liquify and inhabit every square inch of Silver Surfer, and Silver Surfer beats Iceman because he pretty much beats everybody.
In a week I'll be at ComicCon. Can you tell?

No comments: