I know I don't update it daily. Shut up.

March 7, 2007

Excellence par excellence

Ok, Linda Pinkow beat me to the punch on my own blog. That's what you get for hangin' around journalists.

I recently was named the editor of the Lexington Minuteman, a rather large and involved weekly out here in New England. (Remember the Lexington/Concord battles from history class? It's that Lexington. The battles of Lexington and Concord were the first military engagements of the American Revolutionary War. They were fought on April 19, 1775, within the towns of Lexington, Concord, Lincoln, Menotomy (Arlington), and Cambridge. The battles marked the outbreak of open armed conflict between Great Britain and its thirteen colonies in the mainland of British North America. (SOURCE: Wikipedia)

I was told that Lexington and Concord do not, alas, play each other in high school sports. So here are the headlines I WOULD have used if they ever did:

Just a minute, man
Lexington v. Concord: This time, it's for real
Football: It's revolutionary

And if they played Arlington:
Break the Menotomy
Marauding minutemen skewer Arrrlington

No comments: