I know I don't update it daily. Shut up.

January 4, 2008

I'm hooked.

I remember the first time I laid eyes on a GameBoy. It was, and I think still is, a mind-blowing development to the world of electronic gaming. I remember being jealous at first of my friend as he showed me this crazy new game, Tetris, though the feeling didn't last long because less than a year later I was afforded a GB of my own.
Nintendo's come very far since then, but still earns its reputation as innovator with the release of the Wii. Sure, they could have spent more time developing the graphics and sound over the functionality of its remote system, but that remote is what sets it apart in the personal gaming market.
When I bought mine a couple months ago, it didn't occur to me that the giddiness I experienced was much like that of my first GameBoy experience.
Like many things, you had to be there to know what I'm talking about. By that I mean if you weren't introduced to the GameBoy when it was a new product, then this video doesn't carry much weight.
To me, it's fascinating. Nostalgic and artful and a little crazy, all at once. I can relate to that.

No comments: