I know I don't update it daily. Shut up.

January 28, 2008

Crap radio be gone!


So it's been over a year since Marcy and I moved from a relative cultural prairie, that being Rochester, N.Y., to a deep pool of knowledge and culture, that being Boston.
That made it all the more strange when Marcy and I tried to locate ONE good classical station here.
Then she told me WXXI, the Rochester classical station, broadcasts streaming audio. I spent the large part of my morning today listening to all manner of classical stuff.
The problem I have with classical stations is when they're run like a different format. Take classic rock: You hear Devil Went Down to Georgia on your way to work in the morning and the next day, you might hear it again on your way home.
But I don't want to hear the same opera recording in the same 48-hour period. Or that week, for that matter, unless it's one of my favorite tunes and even then please for God's sake play a different recording or arrangement.

2 comments:

BobbaLew said...

Ditto; same here.
No opera ever.
It’s all bellering.

BobbaLew said...

Well, BM, I could comment here, but my comment is too forking large. Check my blog and your e-mail.