I know I don't update it daily. Shut up.

February 1, 2008

The best in wrestling

Professional wrestlers often have nicknames in addition to the made-up names they use in the ring (Gorilla Monsoon, for example, had probably one of the best names of all time but that was his name, not a nickname. Hunter Hearst Helmsley or Triple H, by contrast, is not Paul Levecque's real name, but he also goes by "The Game." Which, as far as I'm concerned, is a pretty lame nickname.)

Here are some that Marcy and I could think of off the tops of our heads, in no particular order, unless you think they should be.

Hacksaw (Jim Duggan)
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah (Chris Jericho)
Kananites (What Kane used to call his fans)
The Animal (as in, George 'The Animal' Steele as well as Batista)
The people's champ (The Rock)
The Legendkiller (Randy Orton)
The Rattlesnake (Stone Cold Steve Austin)
The Dead Man (The Undertaker)
The Next Big Thing (Brock Lesnar)
Rabid Wolverine (Chris Benoit)
Latino Heat (Eddie Guerrero)
The Game (Triple H. Mr. Levecque, I'm sorry about what I said before. Please don't be angry with me.)

1 comment:

Tony said...

Oh, how about The Iron Sheik?