I know I don't update it daily. Shut up.

March 3, 2008

What's today? March 3?

So in keeping with the BufBloPoFo, let's forge ahead with today's topic: What went right today.

Well, lots, if by "today" you mean my life. But that's not just mundane, that's like getting elected governor of Mundania. My apologies to Piers Anthony.

Let's see what went right for other folks.

In 1887, Helen Keller began to be taught by Anne Sullivan.

In 1931, the Star-Spangled Banner was adopted as the National Anthem.

In 1969 Apollo 9 was launched. This mission tested the lunar module that would be used in the moon landings.

In 1991 Rodney King was videotaped being beaten by police. Some would argue this would have been a day that went wrong; I say, the man is alive today, and helped shed light on an unjust system.

Plus, he has a kickass catchphrase. Say this on a day going wrong, and soon everything will feel all right:

No comments: