I know I don't update it daily. Shut up.

March 27, 2009

The emptiness I feel when you're not around

You know that feeling when the Olympics end and you're watching the final ceremonies and you're still watching all the athletes who two weeks prior you had never heard of? And you saw what they did and you start thinking, "If only I applied myself, maybe I could jump plastic sticks like that guy?" And you can't wait for the next time when you can watch  it again and see what new records are broken, and who makes it to the end of the race and who has a new fashionable soul patch?

The BufBloPoFo is like that, only I'm in the race, too. And in a way I feel like we all won, because here we are at the end of two weeks and we're all standing around looking at each other saying, "Hm," and we kind of don't know what we are going to do with ourselves. 

ME? I'm going to write my children's book in the next year. I'm going to lose another 20 pounds (I'm at 214 right now - down from 225 in January). I'm going to learn a new skill. I'm going to promise a lot of things right now so by next year's PoFo when I'm asked to look at my post from a year ago and update everyone, I'll already have some things to talk about.

Peace out, PoFo friends. Kick ass and take names in the coming year. 

1 comment:

BobbaLew said...

214? For heaven’s sake, Mahooch; is that you? I’m at 194&1/2, which I consider 50 pounds overweight.
Ya must be taller than me — I’m 5-8&1/2.
Weight keeps hanging around 194, no matter what exercise I do; and I don’t pig out on stuff. We eat a fairly strict diet, and I hardly ever drink sody, or eat sugar.
Oh, for the good old days when I weighed about 140 and ran footraces.
I still run, but it’s getting me nowhere.
(I guess that’s age.)