I know I don't update it daily. Shut up.

March 22, 2009

That's easy: Give us jobs.

My question for Bryan would be, I am assuming you are from out of town based on your post of foods you miss from Buffalo is that correct? What else do you miss and is there anything that would potentially bring you back into Western New York??

Yes indeed, Michele, I am a Buffalo (Williamsville) native who knew Lisa Garvey in high school, then in college at which time I met Mike, and, well, you can figure out the rest.

After high school I moved to Rochester, where I spent the next 10 years A) earning a Comm/English degree in college and B) Starting out a low-paying career in the fast-paced world of print journalism. In 2006 my then-girlfriend-now-wife and I moved to Boston because, at the end of the world when all newspapers have folded, the last one to gasp its dying breath will be in New England.

In Western New York, there's not much work for a guy like me. Plus, I wanted to move away long-term and see the world a bit before buying a home and settling down somewhere. And for as little work as there is for me in Western New York, there's nuttin' for my wife, whose background is in animation. So before we can have kids and settle down and figure out what the rest of our lives are like, we've got some career ground to cover.

It's hard, too, because I have so many family and friends in the Buff/Roch area who I miss. And they're all buying houses now, so we have our pick of places to stay!

So if there was a newspaper in Buffalo that paid a decent wage (there isn't) and there was a TV studio constantly employing animation production people (HA), we might be enticed to come back and gorge ourselves on chicken wings each and every weekend.

I also miss Bills games on the TV. There's a bar across from the Boston Garden that shows them each Sunday, but if I didn't have to travel downtown to see them every time, it would be all the cooler.

No comments: